holy experience

Monday, November 8, 2010

One Step Closer

Rob spoke with the Security Office today and they finally  have his documentations. Now we wait. The Army usually isn't very quick when it comes to paperwork and deadlines, but we are hopeful. At this point,  they have to verify everything he put on his security clearance is true and accurate. When all is said and done, they make their final offer and we either accept or decline. The plan is to accept of course :)

The children are all very excited about the thought of moving North. The family (Mom/Pop) are not so thrilled. Actually Mom is giving me some guilt trips to go on. I try not to go there, but it's hard when she lives 20 minutes away. I mean I would love to stay close forever, but the truth is, Rob really wants to be back in government service and I really want to live back in Alaska, so it's the best of both worlds.

I lived in AK back in 1984 when my oldest child was 13 months old. Wow, that was a looong time ago! We lived in Fairbanks. I was 17 when I moved there with my daughter's father. He was stationed at Wainwright. Fast forward many years and she will be 28 in February, and I have surely grown from the once very scared teenager moving to AK! I didn't want to go, but loved it while I was there. I only got to stay one year. They say it makes you or breaks you, and well he broke. He actually suffered a mental breakdown and the Army released him. I took advantage of them moving my household goods back and the plane ticket and went home. However, I did go back and try to make it on my own, but it wasn't meant to be at that time. Home I went again.

With that being said, I am looking forward to experiencing this with a wonderful man, and 8 of our 10 children. We adopted them mostly from foster care, but 3 were private infant adoptions.

Well, that's a bit more about us. Tell me more about you.

Until Then,

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like it is something you will enjoy. A grand adventure indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound amazing! I have been reading your blog with earnest! I wish I could sit down with you over a cup of tea and just sponge up your parenting and teaching wisdom!

    ReplyDelete