holy experience

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Long Day.......

Today was a long day.....took Lindsey to the Podiatrist. She was diagnosed with Pediatric Flat Feet and her tendons are too tight. Doc ordered custom orthotics for her shoes, so we are hoping for a big improvement. He said she went a long time with sore feet. Since most of you don't know us personally, she is our newest daughter. She came to us May 1st. She turned 13 in July. She also needed glasses recently and had not had an eye exam in many years. The doc wasn't happy! She needs glasses for being both near and far sighted. It's really helped her a lot. Her headaches are gone, her schoolwork has improved (she is delayed about 4 yrs and I really feel this has contributed!) Our little girl, Blessing will get her custom shoes in the next week or so.

Today we learned that Rob's security clearance has gone to the next phase. It's completed on his end, so now they "schedule it" (not sure what they meant by that email). He is excited as this puts us one step closer to the big move!

I was super sick over the weeked. It was many hours of intense vomiting and diarrhea. I really felt great, except for the above mentioned. I was very sore for 2 days after in my rib cage.

I am nearly done with Christmas shopping and the things I have are wrapped. Having a family of 12, you might think that would be a huge task, but it's not! We do 3 gifts each, then a few family gifts for the children (games, movies) I am so relieved of all the pressure I used to place on myself.

Work is going fine. I am not happy being away from the children when I work, and they have me scheduled next week for 5-6 days in a row. That wasn't part of the agreement! I will do it because Rob is off a lot of those days and we won't need our back up here, but I surely don't like the idea. I do want to contribute to the attorney fee, but if it continues to make me feel like I am taking away from my family, I will come home!

So what are you thankful for today? 

1 comment:

  1. I hope the new shoes and glasses help your daughter. I am sure she is grateful.

    Gosh! I can't believe you are finished with your shopping. That is great!

    ReplyDelete